The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Thursday, December 20, 2012

runny noses.

After much screaming and thrashing about I just got Lila settled down into bed. Usually she is conked out by the time I get home from work on Thursday nights, but tonight she had worked herself into such a distraught state that even I couldn't calm her down right away. Poor little buglet can't breathe through her stuffed up nose, is running a fever, and is just all kinds of not feeling well. We gave her a good dose of Tylenol, some saline, and lots of snuggles and FINALLY got her settled in for the night. Poor Tage, he felt as bad as poor Lila did. Ah, the joys of parenting. Hey, at least we made it 6 whole months before any illnesses. We are lucky indeed. And what's better is I get to have the stuffies right along with her. Blech.

Lila is just an itty bitty. She weighs just 13 1/2 pounds, is 25 1/2 inches long, and barely makes the percentile charts with those stats. Her doctor says she is just perfect though, she's growing on her own curve and she is just fine. :) She's hit all the milestones that she needs to hit, plus she's rolling EVERYWHERE. She prefers to roll rather than sit up, if I try to make her sit up and play she just flops over and rolls away haha. She's starting to attempt crawling, she just sort of lays there and looks as if she is trying to swim away. I love my little darling. She's so much fun! I love the snuggles, holding her close and basking in her tiny sweetness. I also love comforting her when she doesn't feel well, I enjoy providing the comfort that only mothers can. I love being a mommy. <3

Christmas in 5 days! I'm so excited to spend time with family and loved ones. Make sure to enjoy your loved ones and hold them extra close.
Daddy daughter bonding.

such a sweet face.

mommy and her teddy bear




yay for FINALLY decorating the Christmas tree!








I can now fashion her hair into a little curl! :)


aaand she's done sitting up.


sweet bum!



1 comment:

melissa said...

Awe! she's the cutest I love the strawberry bum lol