The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Saturday, November 17, 2012

babies, callings, and such.

Lila Bug turned 5 months old on the 14th! She just gets cuter and sweeter every day! She is barely starting to fit into 3-6 month clothes, we think she weighs about 13 pounds now. She loves rice cereal, sweet potatoes and squash. I introduced the veggies a little early, but she's such a little shrimp, and seems so interested in eating I decided to let her give it a try and she just loooves to eat! On the day Lila turned 5 months old she started rolling from her back to her tummy! We were so surprised, usually she avoids tummy time at all costs. So, she rolled around the living room a few times and has yet to roll since. Little stinker. She's also getting really close to sitting up!
 I took Lila shopping with me and decided to just carry her on my hip rather than lug her car seat around, she wanted to grab every thing she laid her eyes on! She's very aware of her surroundings and wants to touch everything, followed by putting it in her mouth.
Lila is literally OBSESSED with Piper. That dog can grab her attention from anything she may be doing, including eating! Every time Piper goes trotting by, Lila reaches her arms out and stretches as far as she can to get a hold of Piper's luxurious fur. Piper has figured out how to stay just barely out of reach. That will work until the day Lila decides to crawl :)

In other news, I'm back working 2 nights a week at Arby's....yea not too happy about it, but hospital bills need to be taken care of. After that I can go back to staying at home again! It's nice working, I get some time to be Alison instead of mommy...I just miss my baby! Kind of contradicting myself, but I know it's good for me to do something for myself. Plus, Arby's really gets me moving, might just help me shed a few pounds. My mom is great and watches Lila until Tage gets off work, but I just hate leaving her at all.

I also got called into primary, I'll be teaching the 5 yearolds. YIKES! I've never taught (besides training people at Arby's) and I've never had a calling either! Hope this goes well, I'm kinda nervous, it will be an adventure for sure. I'm glad my bishop finally took the time to seek me out and show me he knows who I am and that he wants me to reach my goals. I've never had a bishop that I felt cared if I succeeded or not. I sat and observed my future class last Sunday and met the kids. They are really cute! One little girl reminds me of my niece Avenley, she's so cute, sweet and smart, I had to resist grabbing her and hugging her lol. I think it's the way she pronounces her R's also that reminds me the most of the adorable 5 year old Avenely. There is also a little boy named Kyler, he's got curly blonde hair and is rather naughty. He's a cutie though, and insisted on sitting by me during sharing time :)

Tage is busy busy, he's been working a ton as usual and got called to be the Young Men's first counselor. He's going to be great at it! Tage can't wait for the first good snowfall, he wants to plow all the neighbor's driveways with his lawnmower/snow plow that he created haha! I'm sure the neighbors will not mind.

I can't believe how fast October flew by and now Thanksgiving is next week. WHAT?! I'm looking forward to the holidays, it's going to be so much fun with a baby! I'm also excited for school to get out in December, I need a break!

Our baby lobster :)


such a sweet face!
Like I said, Lil' miss grabby hands!

my beautiful 5 month old Lila.


LOL this picture makes me laugh. This kid has got personality!

Happy, messy, eater!
Absolutely entranced with the puff!

Hanging out with daddy


Who does she look more like? I think it's pretty 50/50.

3 comments:

Tia said...

The five year olds are just perfect, so accepting and eager to learn and don't care if you have all the answers. In fact the things they will want the answers to probably won't have anything to do with the lesson :) I want Tage as our neighbor!

I think little miss Lila is a pretty equal mix too.

melissa said...

So cute! I think she looks super cute in red. I think she is a good mix of you two! I love being in Primary, I'm a little nervous about teaching Sunbeams with a baby next year. Beau is also the young mens 1st counselor. But at the moment there is only one young man! Lol. She is getting so grown up! She is still tiny though!

Pam Willden said...

She is a combination, but she has your eyes. She is a beautiful baby, and you are great parents. You will be great as a teacher.