The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just checking in.

Looks like I might have missed a few months here...


10 months.


2 Year anniversary. Tepanyaki's and Go-karts.

A fabulous trip to Moab with my family, and the maiden voyage with our new trailer! It was great!!!I want to go back to Moab again...SOON.








I had a lovely mother's day/ Birthday. Tage spoiled me rotten.


Someone decided to keep on growing and turned 11 months old. Much to this Mommy's dismay.




It never gets old watching her crawl in the grass. haha. She thinks it's icky.


She just keeps getting prettier.


and prettier...


As long as she still lets mama love on her I guess I'll have to allow this growing up business.

 We managed to squeeze in another camping trip with my parents, brother and family, sister and family.

















These two are great friends. They've gotten past the poking and prodding phase, now they just exchange toys and give kisses. It's adorable.






Lila really liked four wheeler rides. She just relaxes.





 We got family pictures done a few days ago. The big one year photo shoot. I just didn't feel that the photographer captured Lila correctly. She didn't get those sweet Lila smiles, and for how much I paid...I was very upset...VERY UPSET.
 So yesterday Lila and I did a re-take photo shoot. I feel much better now. I just can't dwell on the wasted money...I learned my lesson. It wasn't lack of effort on the photographer's part..the shots she got just didn't work for us. Nothing I can do about it now though. We did get a few shots from her that are worthy of hanging on my wall. I'll upload those ones in a different post, but here is my attempt at photography. Ha! Not the best, but it'll do. I really enjoyed taking Lila's pictures, I think I'll look into getting a nicer camera and maybe just getting good enough at taking pictures so that I don't have to constantly be disappointed in the pictures I get taken of my children. I'm just gonna do it myself. :)






















This kid LOVES balloons. Of course she does though, balloons are great.






















"Oh what's this lying on the ground? I think I'll pick it up and investigate...with my mouth."


I put a few of these ones on here because she was taking very slow, cautious steps towards me. She does not like falling down so walking on this uneven turf was quite the accomplishment.











I'm pretty jealous of those beautiful lashes.










This one is my favorite.

 So I got my sweet Lila smiles. Just in time for her first birthday. I'm no professional photographer, but I got what I wanted. I have a friend who said she will edit these for me too. 
Lila is ONE next week! I'm so excited! I know I'm probably gonna go totally overboard, but hey that's me. I just love her so much, and I love birthdays! Tage and I managed to keep this kid alive for a whole year, and that's cause for celebration! ;)



5 comments:

Tia said...

Oh pictures! They are so hit and miss with kids! Our first year were nothing like I wanted, the last few years were good. Lydia cried through her one year photos. This years family picture Lydia just wasn't in the mood and wouldn't smile. Luckily my photographer is free and lives next door, so when u feel like a retake I'll just go get her.

Anonymous said...

Awe, im usually not satisfied with our pictures either. I think it is just hard when you pay a lot of money, you just want to come away with pictures that you LOVE! I think it depends on the kid too because Avenley would smile really great for strangers, but Paisley would just give them a blank stare haha. Your pictures turned out really cute though. I loved your bright colors!

Adrienne and Philip said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Can't believe she's already a year! We need to get together soon!

The Olsen's said...

Very cute pictures! We invested in a nicer camera, and I take our family pictures, and our boys pictures, and even though I am not a professional photographer, I am much happier with the pictures I get. Plus it costs less for prints, and if I don't like the pictures I get I can retake them whenever I want.

Paiserelli said...

she is cute!