I'm sitting here in the sunlight in my living room trying to pretend that it's sunny and warm outside. It's not going so well. At least it's not snowing at the moment though! I'm having major vacation let down, or hangover...whatever you wanna call it- we're back home to reality and don't wanna be!
Tage and I had a fantastic time in Florida. It was so good to see my sister Melissa and her family. We had so much fun! Even if we did bring the cold weather with us for a few days...I did get a little bit of sunshine! Tage got some much needed relaxation and he got to swim in the ocean..which scared the crap out of me.
Lila had a great time too. Avenley and Paisley are so cute with her, she loved to watch them run around, they were very entertaining. She also got to meet her cousin Rone for the first time, she was very fascinated with him. We usually had to restrain her though cause she really just wanted to love on him, she doesn't exactly know how to be gentle! haha.
We had such a good time, I can't believe how quickly it went by! Lila was great on the plane rides, only minor screaming. She slept most of the way home! She even got gold AND silver wings for being so good on the plane. The flight attendants all thought she was just the cutest thing ever, and lots of random people in the airports commented on how cute she is. She was just all smiles, anyone that would look her way she had a huge grin for. We were walking up the exit ramp with Lila in the stroller, a lady that was walking towards us just started laughing and said "That's the happiest baby i've ever seen." She is pretty darn happy, and cute as can be!! I took great care to pack her diaper bag with toys and goodies...ironically the one thing that entertained her the most was a plastic disposable cup. Silly baby!
On Valentine's day while we were in Florida, Lila turned 8 months old! I can't even believe it! She claps her hands now, plays peek-a-boo, gives kisses, and is soooo close to crawling on all fours!
Lila got to play in a pool for the first time, she splashed and splashed and splashed!
I got to catch up with my wonderful sister and meet baby Rone.
Avenely and Paisley are just a hoot, what funny silly girls. I will miss them!
Tage got to relax and even sit back and play video games with Beau, that's a rare occurrence and he really enjoyed it!
Lila got to swing for the first time, she couldn't have smiled any bigger. It was pure joy on her face.
I LOVED the beach and the ocean...I will miss it. Won't miss Tage swimming in it though, my goodness that scared the crap out of me every time he would swim out. Anywhere past waist high is too far for me!!!! We got to visit 4 beaches- Barefoot Beach, Siesta Key Beach, Naples Pier, and Vanderbilt Beach.
We got to see some dancing sea lions, sea horses, an ugly, dead, GIANT squid, and random fish at an aquarium.
We ate some yummy food! Pretty sure I gained the 5 pounds I recently lost...but it was so worth it. The soft serve ice cream that we got before we left was sooo good. Melissa and Beau also have an ice cream shop just a short walk away and it only costs $1. That would be very bad for me to have access to all the time!
I managed to get a sunburn on my feet and back...I don't mind one little bit.
Tage and I got to have almost a whole day to ourselves, Melissa and Beau were awesome and watched Lila so we could go play! We drove down to the Everglades and went on an air boat ride it was cold, but really fun! We also went to a petting zoo where Tage held an anaconda and I got bit by a big red parrot! After that we drove around and saw TONS of alligators. Then we found a Popeye's chicken and I tasted the wonderful goodness for the first time! It was a great date day!
We had a great vacation and wish we were still enjoying some Florida sunshine.
 |
| first time flyer did so well on the plane! |
 |
| Happy little 8 month old. Such a sweet Valentine Baby. |
 |
| Cute cousins! |
 |
| Looking for shells in the rain. |
 |
| Mini golf was really fun! |
 |
| Siesta Key Beach was my favorite. |
 |
| Too bad a storm rolled in right after this. Brrr...cold and windy! |
 |
| Sting rays that you can pet. |
 |
| Paisley and a cute little sea horse. |
 |
| Avenley and a cute little sea horse. |
 |
| Everglades! |
 |
| Air boats were way loud, but fun! |
 |
| Tage forced me to hold this little gator. He's actually kinda cute. |
 |
| This freaked me out! Tage thought holding Anna that anaconda was great. |
 |
| This cute little bird wanted to cuddle. |
 |
| Viscous parrot that bit me!! I still have a little bruise. |
 |
| Apparently this guy will only let his handler and one lucky lady from the group hold him. After 4 other ladies tried to hold him he put his cute little leg out for me and said," Hello!" Then he blushed. :) |
 |
| There's a gator chillin' on the river bank. Scary. |
 |
| Pure joy. Tage and I need to get a swing set for our yard. |
 |
| So cute!! |
 |
| Tage looks like he's contemplating life...I asked him what he was doing and he said he was seeing how far his feet would sink into the sand... I like the contemplative idea better. |
 |
| Silly girl. |
 |
| Cutest picture, gotta get this one framed! |
 |
| sweet girls. |
 |
| awwwe! Rone was all smiles when we laid him down, he must have liked soaking up some sun! |
 |
| Tage is out there swimming somewhere... and giving me a heart attack! |
2 comments:
Awe, you got some great pictures! I miss you guys already, so glad youcame!
Lila is adorable! We need to finally meet up now that treyson is feeling better!
Post a Comment