The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring, Spring, Spring!!




Yesterday Lila turned 9 months old! This little cutie has graced our family for as long as she was in my tummy, amazing!! Time sure does fly, especially when you're having fun!

Just a little bit about our darling Lila: She's recently learned to wave, she waves at everyone she meets, including herself in the mirror. She waves at the dog, the couch, her crib, her toys etc. She's crazy about waving! Random strangers get a big kick out of it.

Lila is terrified of the vacuum. Literally a crippling fear. I can't vacuum during naps anymore, she wakes up screaming if she hears it!

She's recently learned to pull herself up in her crib, and any other object she can find like the couch or her car seat.

Lila claps, plays peekaboo, and makes friends with everyone she meets. I can tell she is going to have a very outgoing personality, and thankfully she got her Daddy's sunny disposition- she's just so happy! I love it!

 Lila loves food in general and has now started drinking 6 ounces! We are currently working on weaning her from breast feeding....a bitter sweet thing. She's fine with it...it's this mommy that's having a hard time letting go! If I stop nursing her that just means that I'm accepting that she's growing up. *sigh*

Lila LOVES music. She's starting to wave her arms wildly when a catchy song comes on. Gangnam Style is a popular favorite. She's not a fan of Flogging Molly unfortunately :( We need to work on that, that's mommy's favorite band! We are seeing them in concert TONIGHT!

She's got energy. Loads of it. She gets so hyper that she lays on the floor and does her "whacky body" which consists of her flailing her arms and legs about at an amazing speed. She's content to just play and play...and play some more!

She's figured out that when I leave the room she can follow me. She can follow me happily or follow me in protest, yelling at me the entire time for not taking her with me.

She's discovered how fun it is to unravel the toilet paper...we've discovered that we really need to remember to shut the bathroom door at all times!

Lila is just getting smarter and more fun every day. She makes me laugh almost every day, and those soft kissable cheeks never go without hundreds of kisses. Oh my goodness do we love her!!!


In other news Tage finally won the battle and talked me in to letting him purchase a camping trailer. He's been trying to convince me to get one since we got married and after last year's camping adventures I could not deny that I REALLY wanted my own trailer. So we reworked some bills and managed to get a trailer with out affecting our monthly payments very much. So really, I couldn't find a reason to say no. Tage did his homework, rearranged the finances and bam! - we have a trailer. He's as happy as can be...for now anyway. I don't think he will be asking for anything for a while! This trailer will keep his mind and body busy that's for sure. I'm so excited for it's maiden voyage...I want to go camping NOW!! :)

Spring is on the way, Tage and I have soooo many fun things planned. I can't wait to get started! School is out end of April... that's when the fun really begins!! So much fun things to do...so little time! I'm so excited to take Lila along and show her new things, she's going to have a great time with mommy and daddy!!

Lila's 9 month well check is next week, I'll have to post her stats then. She's such a little peanut! I'm guessing she weighs 17 pounds max. But she's growing and developing right on track, I'm not complaining one bit about my petite little sweetie. Let them stay little!!!

No comments: