It's been an eventful few weeks since Christmas. Right after Christmas Lila started sitting up on her very own! That was a huge relief, I'm always nervous she's not going to hit the needed milestones. No teeth yet, but I think she's gonna follow her Daddy's path and not get teeth til 11 months! That's okay with me, I can put off the crankiness.
Right after New Year's Lila got her first yucky virus. It was a nasty tummy bug, and a mild cold. I got home from work on Friday night and kissed her goodnight only to notice that she was burning up! Poor thing. It was a very long weekend. Her fever lasted about 3 days and reached 103. We took her into Wee care and they said it wasn't the flu and it just needs to run its course, as long as she is responsive and not dehydrated she should be just fine. They also said to get her on a Tylenol, Ibuprofen regimen. Well that helped a little. A few days later her whole body was covered in a "fever rash" her poor little bum had the worst rash I'd ever seen, and she was sooooo cranky. Not to mention she wasn't eating and I was getting VERY uncomfortable. So it was back to the doctor's we went. This time I got a more thorough Dr. He was very nice and concerned. He said she had an ear infection, fever rash, diaper rash from all the diarrhea, and eczema! It was all I could do not to cry, I felt so bad for my little sweetie. She was trying so hard to be her happy self, but just couldn't. Anyway, we got her on antibiotics, pedialite, ear drops, and lots of hugs and kisses. After about a week she was finally doing better. My first experience with a sick baby is over...and it was awful!!! I didn't enjoy the screaming...but I REALLY enjoyed the snuggles..not gonna lie about that. Ear infections are the worst though, it took her quite a while to kick that.
![]() | ||
| Poor sick Lila bug. You can just see it in her eyes that she feels like crud. |
Right around the time Lila was fighting the yuckies, school started....blech. I kind of like my classes this time around. I have intro to education, math, communications, and intro to short fiction. It's kind of a heavy load, but I gotta keep my grant and financial aid so yea...here's to hoping I can handle it!!
Lila turned 7 months yesterday. Once again....where does the time go???! I think she will be crawling very soon! She already sort of "swims" and rolls to whatever she wants. I get the feeling she is going to be rather mischievous! She can have our living room covered in toys and other debris in about ten minutes. She can empty a bag of diapers in three..
![]() |
| That is one mischievous grin right there.. |
She weighs 14 pounds now! Her 3 month old cousin Gavin has already passed her up LOL.
She loves music, if she's screaming in her car seat while I'm driving I just find a good song and turn it up, she almost always quiets down :) Just yesterday I turned on Gangnam Style for her. She went from screaming to intently listening haha. She also enjoys when Grandma Thompson plays the piano for her. And really, you can't put her to bed without a song or two. Being in primary has helped brush up on some good songs to sing to her. I like to sing "Love at Home", "As I have Loved you", and "Families Can be Together Forever". Lila's number one lullaby that I've sung to her since day one is "Baby Mine" from the movie Dumbo. It's such a sweet song, I love singing it to her. When Tage puts her to bed (which he does about 4 nights a week cause of me being at work and school) he sings "Did you think to Pray?" and "Count Your Many Blessings" It's very cute!! Tage is just the best Daddy. He takes "night duty" almost every night. I tried telling him he doesn't need to do it since I don't have a job to get to at 7:30 AM. He just says he's gone too much already and night duty is just another chance to be with his baby girl. Yet another reminder that I married an amazing guy!!
Lila loves bath time and splashing, she's too daring though and tries to dive face first into the water, eeek! Her favorite bath toy is the wash cloth, she just loves to chew on it! She also loves her froggy and cups.
She loves solid foods, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, apples, - you name it she loves it! She doesn't particularly loves peas though...she must get that from me cause I cannot stand them!!
Tage is amazing and brings Lila to my work as often as he can so I can feed her and avoid pumping. Such a sweet husband! ( I think he partly does it for the food though) Everyone at work loves seeing her and thinks she is just darling. Yep, she is pretty darling!!
![]() | ||
| Lila seeing where Mommy works. |
Tage and I are busy as usual. Tage works his butt off at work, then he comes home and builds cages. Even though it's winter we suddenly got like 6 cage orders! Great money, but I sure missed Tage while he was out in his freezing shop! Tage also put a ceiling light up in our living room...I cannot even tell you how excited I was about that. WHO builds a house and doesn't add lights to the living room????!!! I hated feeling like I was in a dark cave all the time. Next up is painting the ugly wall...I've messed up on the paint twice now and after much deliberation Tage and I picked what we hope will be the final color for a while. I'll post pictures if and when we miraculously find the time to paint.
That about sums it up for now...in about a month we are taking a much needed vacation. We are going to Florida to see my sister! I absolutely cannot wait. Not only do I want to see the Rollins crew and my newest nephew...but I want to soak up some sun and put my toes in the sand! I dislike that Melissa and her family are so far away cause I can't just hop in my car and go for a visit...but for vacation purposes Florida is an excellent choice! Not only do we get to see family, we get to see a beautiful state that we've never been to before. It's going to be great! Tage really needs a vacation, he works so hard! Flying with Lila on the other hand...Not looking forward to that. But I have a month to plan and prepare for the flight so it should go okay!
![]() |
| She now has enough hair to do a Mohawk!! |
![]() | ||||
| 7 months old and adorable. |
![]() |
| One of my favorite outfits. |
![]() |
| I hate snow. I also hate mornings if you can't tell. I had just rolled out of bed and went to see what the damage was from the snow storm. |
![]() |
| Lila likes watching Ruger run around outside. |
![]() |
| I absolutely love this little teddy bear outfit! |
![]() |
| Brr...so cold! But lookin' cute. |












3 comments:
She is so cute! Glad she is feeling better. sick babies are so sad! We are excited to see you guys!
I love that song and Dumbo. One of the must watch movies I have for treyson and me. Lila is adorable. Can't wait to get together with you guys!
She is a sweetie and you are great parents.
Post a Comment