The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Monday, June 25, 2012

Diary of a New Mommy.

On June 14th, 2012 Tage and I FINALLY got our little girl. Beautiful little Lila was born at 11:42 pm. We were so relieved when the Dr. decided to induce me, Lila was still not growing very much and her movements had decreased. At our appointment at 9 AM, she said "Well, lets have a baby today then, I'll just send you right over to labor and delivery" Tage and I were doing high fives in the room after she left. I was SOOOO ready to have that baby.
Once they induced me at about 11 AM things went pretty well, labor was still moving slow after the oxytocin so the Dr. broke my water, that's when I REALLY started feeling the labor pains, and when I demanded the epidural. After the epidural kicked in it was smooth sailing. I couldn't lie on my left side or else Lila's heart rate dropped so I had to lie on my right side for about 4 or 5 hours straight, all the epidural medicine pooled to the right side of my body so my left side had a tiny bit of feeling and my right side was just complete dead weight! haha
When it was time to push I only pushed for about 30 minutes and our little one was finally here! She came out with the cord around her neck twice- what a little stinker! She weighed 6 pounds 9 oz. and was 20 inches long. It was surreal to finally see her, but I was exhausted, dazed, and really out of it. Her amazing-ness didn't really hit me until I had gotten two hours of sleep, after that I was just smitten with her. For Tage though it was love at first sight. He was so great through everything! The only time he got a little woozy was when I got the epidural, he was great for the delivery. It was such a comfort to have him give me a blessing right before they induced me, it gave me the strength and courage I needed to get through the whole experience. It's frightening with all the unknowns that come along with pregnancy and delivery, I'm so grateful everything went well! We LOVE our little Lila.
The first week home was quite the roller coaster. My hormones were all kinds of crazy-(they still are actually), one second I was happy and filled with joy over my new little one and the next second I was a weepy, emotional wreck. The first few nights were rough, Tage and I got no sleep. The anxiety and worry I felt for her was so extreme, I couldn't seem to get any rest. I'm doing much better now that I've adjusted a little more to motherhood, breast feeding is going great, I've gotten used to running on less sleep, and I'm enjoying every second with Lila while she is still so tiny. Some days are still a challenge, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This little baby is just a sweetheart, we love her so very much and are so excited to watch her grow into a beautiful little girl.


3 comments:

melissa said...

She is so cute and tiny! Glad everything went well. Love you guys!

Pam Willden said...

So fun to have that sweet baby!

Tia said...

She is just so adorable. I cried a lot with #1, about random things mostly. Just remember to enjoy the moments because they never come back. I just want to squeeze her!