The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Thursday, July 12, 2012

4 weeks!

It's hard to believe that Lila is already 4 weeks old. The past weeks just feel like a sleepy blur to me. It's been a real challenge adjusting to motherhood, but I think I make progress every day. Lila is just the sweetest baby, she is generally very easy going. We've had a few fussy evenings and rough days, but nothing that I didn't recover from. I may have cried a little...or a lot these last few weeks, but Lila really does bring me such joy.

Tage is just the best daddy, he takes on diaper duty in the evenings, even during the 4 AM feedings he will crawl out of bed and changer her for me, it really makes things so much easier. He is good at taking the load off of me when he can. As much as I love Lila, sometimes I really just need a walk with the dog, or a long hot shower so I can relax a little. Tage and other family members are always willing to give me that little break I need. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He does everything I need and more. The only thing I could possibly think of that I would change is having Tage around more. But really, who doesn't want their busy, working husband around more often? I sure do miss him a lot, but he works so hard to keep everything running smoothly. I don't think being a daddy has been a very hard adjustment for him. He really keeps me sane and grounded some days, I'm glad he is so strong  and dependable, he has not wavered or let me down once. When I'm weepy and emotional I know Tage will be there to keep me going.

Lila is growing so fast!! She loves having her diaper changed, she always smiles and coos as soon as I lay her on the changing table. She is quite the talker and when she is happy, she yells so loud sometimes it startles me! Its funny that such a big noise can come from someone so little. She loves to be talked to and sung to, sometimes when she is fussing I start talking to her and she quiets down, I forget that she needs to be talked to as well, and likes hearing mommy's voice! Lila loves bath time, she just relaxes when we put her in the water, she never makes a fuss...except when we pull her out of the tub, she doesn't like that as much! This baby is definitely a binky baby so far, she is also really good at spitting her binky out and then getting mad about it. This little angel was born on a great schedule! She is sleepy in the evenings and all night, she only wakes up throughout the night to eat.  I feel so lucky to only have to nurse her then go right back to sleep! Lately she has been wide awake most of the day, which can be tiring for me sometimes, but I'll take it over her being up all night!

It's still strange to me that I'm a mommy, I'm still working on getting used to that title. I feel so blessed to have little Lila, she is the perfect fit for our family. We love her so very much! I'm excited to watch her grow and develop...I'm also eagerly awaiting the glorious day when she sleeps through the night. Oh sleep, how I miss you!





Grandma Lorna meeting Lila, who is named after her mother.

poor Piper has been a little jealous.

lol just chillin

first smile caught on camera, gas or not, it's cute. And I'm convinced she was smiling at me :)

Sunday snuggles with daddy.

3 comments:

melissa said...

So cute! Do you like the bath seat? She looks different in every picture! I love her smile, she's so sweet. One more week until I can see you guys! Oh I like the pic with Piper too!

Adrienne and Philip said...

She's so stinkin' cute! I need to come visit you guys again. :0)

Pam Willden said...

She is such a sweet baby. And you are a great Mommy.
And Tage is a hard worker and a great Daddy.