Even though it's still in the EARLY stages and things could still not work out, we did find a house in Roy that is perfect for us. We walked through it and it just felt like our house. Tage was is in love with the detached garage, it's perfect for his side business. I was in love with that fact that it is not disgusting, or falling apart. They rejected our first and second offer, when we decided to walk away from it they reluctantly accepted our second offer. With all that said...I am TERRIFIED!! This house is slightly out of our price range, and after the baby is born i don't know if I'll be able to work and also go to school. We can't afford daycare (nor do i want to put her in it that early), and our families can't always be there to watch her while I work. It would be better for everyone if I could just stay home with the baby. This means Tage's income will really be all we have. I'm very nervous. We LOVE this house though. It has everything we need, we aren't compromising at all, and we aren't getting into a major fixer upper....it's just expensive. I don't want to be house poor or have a low quality of life because of our mortgage, but I also don't want to settle for some crappy house that I will hate. Tage assures me we will be fine and he is probably right. Things will be tight, but we will be fine. Tage always manages to scrape up money from places when we really need it too. He is awesome like that. So we think if all goes well with financing, appraising, and inspections we will just go for it. I can't walk away from an ideal house over $60-80...
So that leads me to think about where we are living now. Bahahaha! This crappy rental has just been an adventure for us. It's OLD i've gone over that...but in just the past year the things that this yucky place has put us through makes me laugh...now that it is almost over.
About a month after we got married our basement flooded, due to all the rain and misplaced rain gutters...that ruined all the carpet and left a lovely moldy smell in the basement that I already detested. It flooded AGAIN about a month later.
After that another family came to live with us...a family of RATS, they moved in right next to the house under the deck! I'll never forget the night Tage came in from the backyard all wide eyed and wigged out, he just said "...we have rats." They outsmarted traps, and with the dogs we didn't dare mess with poison, so Tage took them all out with a bb.gun. May they rest in peace. EW. The smell they brought with them still lingers...ick.
There was also the time I came home and the ugly tree in the front yard had decided to split in half and fall into the neighbors yard, the landlord didn't do anything about it, and about a week later it finished falling apart and caused more damage. Tage was nice enough to repair the neighbor's gate, even though it wasn't our property and the landlord SHOULD have done it, he still felt bad.
The kitchen was disgusting from day one, and after washing dishes that were taking over my kitchen I pulled the drain plug and was quite satisfied with myself, I hate doing dishes by hand! Tage came walking in and informed my that all my dishwater was leaking into the backyard...we went downstairs and discovered it was also leaking into the bedroom in the basement. It totally destroyed that room and I haven't set foot in it since. The landlord had to pull the ceiling down and found lots of yummy surprises up there, like mouse skeletons and of course lots of mouse turds. We got an upgraded kitchen..but it took about 5 weeks and a lot of eating out.
The living room has a musty smell that I can't get to go away, and I wont even address the room that smells of pee and cats...
I could go on and on about this delightful abode we currently call home, but I'll stop here. It was an ok place to start out and I HOPE our time here is almost over. For documentation purposes I had Tage take some pictures, just so we can remember this yucky place for years to come. The house is a mess and I really have no excuse other than we are starting to pack and I just can't find the will to care about this place anymore...oh and I'll throw being six months pregnant in there too, just so you don't think we are complete slobs. Fingers are crossed that we will have a new place to call home soon!!!
| Tage's Shop. |
| We gave up on this room after the floods. |
| I like purple...but not this much. |
| The room that got destroyed when the kitchen exploded. The graffiti is authentic! |
3 comments:
Well it will be a good memory for a first house. And now the new house to make memories in.
I'm so excited for you both! Your mom is right some day you will look back and laugh at how you could ever live in that place. They will be good memories too.
Well.. I was going to say that will make for great "the first house we lived in stories" LOL
Post a Comment