The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Job.

It's been a few weeks since my last day at Arby's! After filling out millions of applications I finally got a job offer at weber state in the human resources department. Having a desk job is....different. The first few days were rough, I bet my co-workers thought I was nuts, I jumped at any and every opportunity to just DO something. I was desperate to just file a freaking paper!! It's so difficult to just sit on my butt and do nothing. Now most of the time I do homework, read, or blog. *sigh* It's just not as fulfilling as Arby's was. I will admit my general happiness is better, my stress levels are down and I have more time for homework and house work.I guess I shouldn't be complaining seeing as I basically get paid to do homework. Sometimes I just miss the crazy demanding days at Arby's and I was GOOD at it too! I miss the people I worked with there was such a variety and most of them were so fun to interact with. Office life is hard to adjust to...some of the stuff these people talk about is just weird, and now I fully understand office gossip. Sheesh. I'll remind myself to be grateful for what I have, and enjoy the fact that I no longer have to come home from work smelling like grease and angry at all the ignorant customers out there. I just get paid to study!!

In other news school is alright, my classes are no fun this semester, can't wait for them to be over! I'm hoping I pass geology, I just can't seem to study right for that class. It seems like no matter what I read from the book and how long I study the notes there is always stuff on the test that is completely foreign to me! Nutrition on the other hand is ridiculous, the book they teach out of is awful! The class average for tests is about 65%..what does that tell you??  Meh...science.

Tage is working hard at his job and taking on a few side adventures as well. He is building cages for those off road vehicles and is designing a cage for the Polaris Razr. He is very ambtious, and I love that about him. Sometimes it's hard for me to support a whim of his that may be a bit crazy or risky, but most the time it works out for us. He is just so smart and I have totally started nagging him about starting school next year, I think he would make a great mechanical engineer. Tage would love it, especially letting his creativity run wild, he loves building things. He knows he would enjoy it too..he just needs the kick in the butt from me to get going on it. :) Next week Tage is taking some tests to become ASE certified, I know he will do great and those certifications will look great on a resume.

I can't believe October has already come and gone, we had fun going to a corn maze with Tage's family. Last weekend we paid $25 and went to 3 haunted houses in one night with another couple friend of ours, it was a blast! I'm such a chicken though, always have been in haunted houses, I clung onto Tage the entire time while he just made fun of every scary creature that popped out at us. Tage even made one actor break character, she wouldn't let the men pass even though she allowed Chelsey and me to go through. So Tage just picked up his friend Jarom and ran, the girl that was supposed to be "scary" just started laughing.

I've been neglecting the camera lately, next blog will have some pictures for sure!!

No comments: