Life never does slow down, I should have known that. For some reason i thought that after Tage and I got married I would actually have time to blog...or something like that.
We stay busy. I have had a few questions along the lines of "How is married life?" I never quite know what to say. I usually just say, "Oh it's just great." Ya know, small talk. But really so far it's more than great! Even though time just keeps flying by. Usually it's Tage and I getting off work after a nine or ten hour day, saying hello, talking a little bit about our day, cooking dinner, and then passing out.
I'm tired. Beyond burnt out. But i've got Tage. He wakes up at 5:30 with me, he makes me a toaster strudel, and makes sure not to crawl back into bed until I leave for work because he knows it will make me sad that he is in our warm comfy bed and I have to leave. I swear I have some altar ego in the mornings, I don't know who that person is ,but man is she mean!!! Tage has learned to subdue this evil person I become in the early AM with pop tarts and juice. What a champ. We don't get weekends, but we have our Sundays and I absolutely treasure my Sundays. Sundays are for Family, church, napping, reading, and relaxing ONLY. Work is really not so bad, even though I feel I slave away at that place, I get some sort of satisfaction from it.Tage works 50 hours a week and it hardly even phases him. I wish I could absorb some of that energy, seriously! Hopefully his job will give him more of what he wants soon...it's a great job don't get me wrong we are SO grateful for it, but I think Tage wants just a little bit more out of it.
| We love the bike!! Notice Tage's silly mohawk helmet. |
Besides us working our lives away we have had some fun. On my birthday I looked out the window to see a 1980 Trans Am in our driveway!! Thanks Husband. :) It's a fixer upper to say the least...i will post pictures when it looks more like a car. HA HA. I trust Tage entirely in his ability to make that car into exactly how I imagined it--- a purple beauty!!! It's going to be a project for both of us, I am excited to help in any way I can. Although I think my helping will consist of asking him what tool he needs, ("You mean this gross, greasy, pointy thing?? Is THAT the one you are talking about? EWWW you really want me to just pick it up? Are there gloves anywhere around here?) I will also provide snacks, and good company.
For Memorial Day we drove down to Bryce's to meet my family after we got off work that Saturday night. We took Kuyler along. It was really fun! A nice little break from the work grind, and Kuyler is always fun to have around. Tage is really going to miss him when he leaves for Australia, but I can also tell how proud Tage is of him. I am too, he is such a great person! He has been working with me at Arby's. I will really miss his sunny attitude at work. Bryce's was beautiful and COLD. It was totally worth it though, spending time with Kuyler who is leaving soon and spending time with my sister Melissa who is also leaving soon. Moving to Florida. I am going to miss her family terribly. I love my sister, my brother in law Beau, and their two PRECIOUS daughters. I have been randomly crying about it since I heard they were leaving, I can't stand the thought of not seeing them all the time. :( I suppose eventually I will adjust. A vacation to Florida is definitely in our future.
| Fun Time's at Bryces! |
![]() | |||
| Last barbecue for Melissa. :( |
| All 4 of my little sun shines. I'm really gonna miss Avenley and Paisley, good thing I still have Halle and Bryton though! |



No comments:
Post a Comment