At about 3 months old started sleeping through the night, and is currently working on her rolling skills. She's almost there, but sometimes those darn arms of hers just get in the way, she gets so frustrated that she just plants her face into the floor and cries, so dramatic already. ;)
She's very ticklish, that's usually the only way I can get her to giggle unless she decides to giggle randomly, she must tell jokes to herself.
Lila is learning to reach out and grab things. She reaches out and touches my face which is soooo cute!...until she uses those little daggers called finger nails to further explore mommy's face now that's painful! HA-HA!
She LOVES playing on the floor in nothin' but her diaper! Even though she can't roll or crawl she somehow manages to scoot her cute little self across the room. I'll check on her in the middle of the night and she will be on the other side of her crib, completely turned the opposite way. She sleeps in a swaddle sack too! This kid is talented!.
She usually smiles at everyone she meets, unless she needs a nap. I have to have her on a very strict sleep schedule or else it's just not fun for anyone. Sweet little Lila usually cuddles with me in the mornings for a few hours after Tage leaves for work. I dunno if that's a bad habit to start, but I cherish morning snuggles with her- she's just so sweet! Sometimes she snores like her daddy though!
I wish I had some gorgeous professional 3 month photos of Lila to post.. I know that's usually the protocol, pictures at 3, 6, and 9 months. We made an appointment at JcPenney photo studios and it was a complete disaster!!!!! The photographer was really snotty, did not seem to care or put any extra effort into the pictures, AND she made my 3 month old baby fall face first out of the prop basket :'( I was traumatized. The worst part is that she did not even apologize, it was so awkward as I was trying to calm my screaming baby and she just sat there trying to make light of the situation. UGH. Needless to say I could not bring myself to pay for any of the pictures, we walked out of there $30 poorer with no photos. My awesome sister in law offered to take some pictures next weekend, she's not a professional, but she's good at everything she tries so I'm confident we'll get some cute pictures! I do have an appointment for November too. I'm gonna regret not getting 3 month pictures for the rest of my life though!!!!! I hope Lila forgives me when she is older ha-ha.
School and motherhood is going okay. I have a REALLY hard time keeping up with homework. There have been many times I've sat down to do some studying and Lila just will not have that. She's too cute to resist too, I'd much rather play with her than do stinky homework. I need to study better for my physics class and math...hopefully I can pass! Luckily my hybrid art class is over next week so my work load will be lighter, woo hoo!!!
Lila gets cuter every day, she's definitely a momma's girl. I can't believe how fast kids grow. I went to visit my sister Kim after she had Gavin on the 9th. I can't believe how tiny he is, and Lila was smaller than him when she was born! It's crazy. He sure is cute though and I'm excited for him and Lila to be friends. All the new cousins are mostly boys, so hopefully Lila will be able to play war games and such with them when they are older. :)
This month has just been crazy, one fun thing we did was go to the zoo for Tage's birthday. His whole family came which was so much fun! He was so happy that everyone took time out their busy schedules to come to the zoo. The icing on his cake was well...poop. We were in the primate area and were lucky enough to see a gorilla poop in its hand and eat it...I don't think I've ever seen Tage so happy. That guy and potty humor...lol he managed to get it on video, but I'm not putting it on this blog. It was Tage's favorite present I think, he got such a kick out of it. It was pretty disgustingly hilarious. He also got a weed whacker for his birthday, he took the hint and did what he could with our sad lawn. We vowed to do better with our yard next year, it looked pretty bad this summer.
I wish she'd just stay little. If she doesn't want to grow up that's just fine with me. I really have enjoyed every little moment with her, I look forward to more even though it will be bitter sweet. She learns something new every day it's so amazing! I'm really loving this mommy thing. <3
| Cousins at the zoo :) |
| She's quite photogenic :) |
| One day Lila will capture Piper...and Piper will not be pleased. |
| Yea I got a bumbo. Deal with it. |
| Lila and her new cousin Gavin. He's so cute and tiny! |
![]() |
| 3 months old. |
![]() |
| She loves her toes. |
| She really loves diaper time! |
| I love this little face. |
| So cute!! |


3 comments:
She is just so cute! I love the caption with Piper, made me laugh out loud :) Grant and I would have snuggle time in the morning and he still comes in every morning and gives me snuggles, I love it! Lydia, I'm happy to get a minute out of before she's off to get into something. haha.
Her sweet little smile is precious!
She is so cute and getting big! Just don't put that bumbo up on the table ;) I love this age when they start showing their personality more, but they just grow so fast! Piper will be shocked the first time she reaches up and pulls her hair lol.
So sweet! She is getting to big, and shows her personality more and more.
Post a Comment