The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Monday, January 23, 2012

warm fuzzies


Usually January is my LEAST favorite month of the year. I get depressed, mopey, and just plain grumpy. This year it's not so bad. I find myself just feeling so happy and content. Today I was thinking about how truly happy I am with my life and how grateful I am for all the people in it. Especially my wonderful husband. Even though Tage leaves the toilet seat up and ruins clothes irons, not a day goes by that I am not truly grateful for that wonderful man. I get all weepy and teary just thinking about what an amazing Daddy he will be, and I just appreciate his happy disposition. He really evens me out, I tend to see the glass half-empty whereas Tage sees it half-full. I don't always walk in the door of our house whistling and singing...with a happy greeting to boot, but Tage does... EVERY DAY. If I'm feeling just kinda tired, or grumpy he does whatever he can to cheer me up, he helps me with chores, and is such a comfort.  I sure do love that guy!
My family is amazing also, I love spending time with all of them. My daddy came in to visit me at work on Saturday and seeing his smiling face just warmed my heart. Tage's family is just so great too, I'm so glad that I'm not one of those people that always complains about their in-laws, cause mine are THE BEST!
Being back at Arby's is exhausting, but I love the people. I feel they actually care about what's going on with me, and I enjoy talking and laughing with all of them. I love working with Charlotte again, she is such a dear friend. Everyone I work with is so kind and accommodating to my "condition", but I try to not let that affect my work too much. I gotta be tough without over doing it, I refuse to use pregnancy as a crutch.
Anyway, that's my warm fuzzy rant for the day. It just feels so good to be happy and have so much to look forward to!!


In other news Tage and I made a few new year's resolutions and I thought I'd see if any of them even kinda happen before I blog about it. One was to have a few no TV nights a week. Rather than vegging out on the couch we declare that the remote not be touched and find other things to do. It works well and feels really good when I get sooooo many other things done (like homework and cleaning). Another was making a cleaning/chore chart and while it needs a few tweaks to it, we have been keeping up better with housework. Our goal is to have a cleaner home for us and baby this year. It's also A LOT easier to do chores when you aren't behind on them, the kitchen is much less foreboding when dishes aren't piled a mile high. The third goal is TITHING. This one will be my biggest challenge. I look at the bills and see that there really is nothing left over...hardly even a penny for savings. I thought long and hard about it because I just did not feel okay with parting with that much money... I know we need to eventually be full tithe payers, but seeing as I have NEVER really been much of a tithing payer at all, I'm going to start small and by the end of the year we WILL be full tithe payers. This will be the hardest one, but I'll do it. Hopefully we will get a few more blessings here and there to nudge us along (not that I'm not already EXTREMELY grateful for our blessings thus far.)

I haven't given a T/A update for a while, but Tage recently made more progress with the Trans-am!! YAY! I'm gonna be one cool mama with a purple Trans-Am...It's just gonna take a while. It's a fun project to have going and Tage is becoming more and more attached to this car. Last night when he got it running again (after a small incident that almost destroyed the motor) he just kept saying, "I REALLY like your car." I'm glad he likes it, and I see it as OUR car. When he fixed it up this time he upgraded a few things that I don't really understand, something about heads and compression ratios...whatever, all I know is this summer I better see it go down the race track. I'll hold the baby while Tage races ;), this kiddo is gonna know what a burnout is by age 2! And hey maybe we can get a sitter so I can run it down the track too! Hopefully finances allow for a coat of paint this summer.


Here's a video of Tage giving Ugly Betty a little tune-up. We were so relieved the motor didn't get ruined when snow and rain leaked into it!! Phew!



1 comment:

Tia said...

I think of you any time I start to hate January, because I never really realized I did until you pointed out that you did :) We're on the same "get chores done kick" the problem is that we still stay up and watch tv, it's a big problem! My advise to you for tithing, is to just commit to one month (at least) and just pay the full tithe and just see what happens. Go from there the next month, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.