The Thompson Family

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Resolutions

It's been a little over two years since I last posted. Whoopsie.
As the new year arrived and I thought about a resolution I kind of laughed to myself. New Year's resolutions are a little bit silly in my opinion. It is good to look onto the New Year positively and with high hopes, but 365 days is a long time...a lot can happen. I need to pick a realistic goal to fit with my crazy mom life. Some days I barely get by, while other days I'm super mom. So the only logical resolution was to document my crazy mom life. My 2 darling daughters are growing up extremely fast, and I know that one day I'll miss it all and I'll be kicking myself for not writing down the little things.
SO, my goal is to write at least once a month, sum up the little things so that I can remember the joy of these crazy, exhausting days with my littles.
We had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Tage and I finally cleared the decor and mess out of the house. Now that everything is tidied up, I'm getting the urge to nest. In less than 8 weeks we'll be welcoming our third daughter Molly!! I have been trudging through this challenging pregnancy, it's been hard on me. Now I'm closer to the finish line, but it's still rough. Every pregnancy has gotten progressively harder on me physically and emotionally. I have no clue how other mom's can have so many children, they are troopers!! The constant headaches, nausea, and shortness of breath are rough. Throw in two VERY energetic daughters, and well, I'm surprised I'm functioning at all. But it's getting done, and despite the struggles there has been a lot of  fun! I'm ready to get Molly's room ready and prepare for her arrival. I feel like I can focus on that now that the holidays are through.

Lila is 4, and full of energy. She's precocious and extremely smart. Her mind is like a steel trap, she forgets nothing! Lila loves to sing, and really enjoys all music. She's also very artistic, she loves coloring and making crafts. She's stubborn like her mother, and bright and cheery like her father. She get's prettier every day, and has the most beautiful blonde hair. Lila challenges me, and pushes my buttons, but seeing her learn and grow is worth all the frustrations that a 4 year old can bring. She is growing up too fast for my liking, but I'm excited for every milestone she reaches. Kindergarten will be here before we know it, and this mama is not ready for that! Lila is busy body, she likes to talk and be the center of attention. I have a feeling she'll give her teachers a run for their money, so I pray that her first teacher is kind, and most of all, patient!!

Little Heidi, my baby is 2. She may be a toddler, but in all other respects she is my baby. It's funny how with your firstborn you encourage independence a bit more, with my second born I encourage her to slow down and I relish every moment of babyhood. Mostly because after Lila, I know how fleeting it is. They do grow too fast, so I'm clinging to this one while she is still little, after all, her role as the baby of that family is expiring quickly. Heidi is my tenderhearted cuddle bug. She is so super smart. She is like Tage in the way that she has to know how things work, she likes to take things apart, and she likes to build things. She's also a little mama and loves to take care of her dolls and stuffed animals. Heidi loves her blankie, and has 3 little bunnies from arctic circle that are her pride and joys. She cannot sleep with out them and totes them all over the house in a little green basket. It's so cute!

We just moved into our new house in July, and while it's been an adjustment I love it more every day. I haven't had the energy to add the personal touches to it to make it feel like home. So we're getting there slowly. Tage is so busy with work and regular maintenance of the house that he hasn't had a ton of time to help me hang pictures and decorate. He also spends most of his free time with us, and with helping me since  some days I can barely get off the couch by the time he gets home around 7. We're hoping to get our yard put in this Spring.  The whole planning and idea of it occupies and frustrates Tage. It's a big job to take on, it will be challenge! I hope I can help him this spring and summer, but I think I'll mostly be juggling kids. I am really looking forward to having grass and a fence though!

So now, we trudge through January, my least favorite time of year. I'm hoping it flies by as we prepare for Molly's arrival. January is depressing and dismal. Having a sweet babe to look forward to cuddling in February does help some. I always get the winter blues, so here's to hoping I can stay busy and content. I'll gather some pictures soon to add to this post and will update soon. Hopefully my new year's resolution of documenting our crazy, blessed life will happen so that I can have these memories for years to come. I've always been told I will miss these times with my children. I find that I miss thos e special moments as soon as they come and go. My daughters are amazing, they are growing and bonding every day. I love my sweet family so much!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YAY!!!! Happy to see you on here. I'm burned out on blogging, but forcing myself to do it.